View Full Version : What song would you want to listen to or think of last before dying?

eclectica
2003-09-12, 05:15
What would be the last song you would want to listen to or think of, if you knew that you were to be executed or die at a certain time?

I like this song, because it is very serene, stoic, and courageous. When I listen to it I am reminded of a time about ten years ago, in which I dreamed that a nuclear missile was incoming. Rather than flee I chose to go up close and watch it. I surprised myself because I was not afraid of death in the dream. Perhaps in order not to fear death, one has to be a bit suicidal.

This song makes me feel the same way, and makes me feel that I could meet the prospect of death honorably, bravely, and soberly, which is a good state to be in if you are going to die.

boards of canada - corsair.mp3 (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/boards of canada - geogaddi - corsair.mp3) 4 MB

Criminal_Sniper
2003-09-12, 17:07
shtil by rammstein easily
i get lost in that song

Criminal_Sniper
2003-09-12, 17:10
forgot to mention its in russian so this might help but only a little if u dont know russian pronunciantion and knowing cyrillic would be much easier.......think ill leave that alone can u put russian cyrillic here even?
this supports unicode?

Rammstein - Shtil - Calm

Shtil' - veter molchit
Upal beloj chajkoj na dno
Shtil' - nash korabl' zabyt
Odin, v mire skovannom snom...

Mezhdu vseh vremen
Bez imen i lic
My uzhe ne zhdem,
Chto prosnetsia briz!

Shtil' - shodim s uma
Zhara pahnet chernoj smoloj
Smert' odnogo lish' nuzhna
I my, my vernemsia domoj!

Ego krov' i plot'
vnov' nasytit nas
A za smert' emu
Mozhet, Bog vozdast!

Chto nas zhdet, more hranit molchan'e
Zhazhda zhit' sushit serdca do dna
Tol'ko zhizn' zdes' nichego ne stoit
Zhizn' drugih, no ne tvoia!

Net, grom ne grianul s nebes
Kogda pili krov' kak zver'e
No nesterpimym stal blesk
Kresta, chto my IUzhnym zovem...

I v poslednij mig
Podnialas' volna,
I razdalsia krik:
"Vperedi Zemlia!"

Calm

Calm - the wind is keeping silent
Has fallen as a white gal to the bottom
Calm - our ship is forgotten
along in the world chained up with sleep

Among all times
Nameless and faceless
We don't wait anymore
That breeze will wake up

Calm - we're going mad
The heat smells black resin
We need only the death of one of us
And then we will come back home

His flesh and blood
Will feed us
And for his death
Maybe God will grant him

What is waiting for us - the sea keeps silent
The thirst for life dries hearts to their bottoms (literally)
But life here costs nothing
The other's lives, not yours

No, thunder didn't burst
When [we] were drinking blood like animals
But the shining became unbearable
Of the Cross that we call Southern

And at the last instance
A wave rose
And a shout resounded
"Land is ahead!"

Criminal_Sniper
2003-09-12, 17:16
ok maybe if i was offered two songs instead of a final meal these would be the two
disturbed - the game

"The Game"

You think you're cute do't you?
You spit on me again im gunna fuck you up!

Tell me exactly what am I supposed to do
Now that I have allowed you to beat me
Do you think that we could play another game
Maybe I could win this time

I kind of like the misery you put me through
Darlin' you can trust me completely
If you even try to look the other way
I think that I could kill this time

It doesn't really seem I'm getting through to you
Though I see you weeping so sweetly
I think that you might have to take another taste
A little bit of hell this time

Lie to me

Is she not right?
Is she insane?
Will she now
Run for her life in the battle that ends this day

Is she not right?
Is she insane?
Will she now
Run for her life now that she lied to me

You always wanted people to remeber you
To leave your little mark on society
Don't you know your wish is coming true today
Another victim dies tonight

Is she really telling lies again
Doesn't

eclectica
2003-09-13, 06:25
Originally posted by Criminal_Sniper
can u put russian cyrillic here even?
this supports unicode?
The MySQL format that vBulletin runs on doesn't support unicode. But there are ways around it by posting the font code. I suppose such a thing would be tedious. Currently html code is disabled in this forum, so you wouldn't be able to get it to work through that method. Another option is to use the character map Accessories-->System Tools-->Character Map and copy it from there to paste here.

ĐïŁđӨ ♂♂

I see that after copying those characters to the board and then previewing the thread, that they are converted to &# plus a number, and then a semicolon. You would have to quote me to see the code here. I was looking for a place that lists all the shortcuts to the codes, but I didn't find one.

Beejus
2003-09-13, 06:30
Pink Floyd all of Shine On You Crazy Diamond...just because it's quite lengthy and will help extend my life ;)

but if I had only like 5 minutes, I'd slap on Comfortably Numb and then just mellow till I went out

Criminal_Sniper
2003-09-13, 08:28
йцукенгшщзхъфывапролджэ
ячсмитьбю

ضصثقفغعهخحجدشسيبلاتنمكطئءؤرلاىةوزظ

this work?
i think english would be much earier and i speak them much better than i write them lol

it worked!
just use the keyboard of the language
i use 4 of them hehehe

nicobie
2003-09-14, 02:51
silly bois
yip, yip

Criminal_Sniper
2004-09-21, 18:45
ive got a new one that touches me very much
my ideas always change and my fav song always changes
but i still love what i love
now its Tool - Parabol
then Tool - Parabola
the first is a an intro
the film clip is the two combined
i suggest u get it no matter what u like

this song just clicks with me
awesome enlightenment at the end
has to be seen to be believed

slx
2004-09-21, 20:15
misty

by ray stevens

i've never heard the song that it didn't make me happy

Pandemonium
2004-09-22, 04:07
try Etta James - Misty

the song i would want to hear would be Etta James - Take it to the Limit

misty

by ray stevens

i've never heard the song that it didn't make me happy

nanook
2004-09-23, 12:21
Interesting question. That is a hard one. I loved the answer by Beejus.

Pink Floyd all of Shine On You Crazy Diamond...just because it's quite lengthy and will help extend my life

Not because they are lengthy, but because I have loved them since I was a teen in school. I would put them on and let it play over and over until I went to sleep. And lo and behold, would wake up to them as well.

Side one of "A Farewell To Kings" by Rush. Side one of "And You And I" by Yes. If only two songs, then both by the same titles. Both very long, therefore, extending my life, as well. lol.

nanook
2004-09-23, 13:06
What would be the last song you would want to listen to or think of, if you knew that you were to be executed or die at a certain time?

I like this song, because it is very serene, stoic, and courageous. When I listen to it I am reminded of a time about ten years ago, in which I dreamed that a nuclear missile was incoming. Rather than flee I chose to go up close and watch it. I surprised myself because I was not afraid of death in the dream. Perhaps in order not to fear death, one has to be a bit suicidal.

This song makes me feel the same way, and makes me feel that I could meet the prospect of death honorably, bravely, and soberly, which is a good state to be in if you are going to die.

boards of canada - corsair.mp3 (http://www.napsterite.org/eclectica/mp3/boards of canada - geogaddi - corsair.mp3) 4 MB

I know this is an old thread. But you have my interest peaked about this song. Just went to download, but zero results. Can you up this again for me?
Thanks, if you can.

eclectica
2004-09-23, 16:30
Here's the updated link raar
boards of canada - corsair.mp3 (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/boards of canada - geogaddi - corsair.mp3) 4 MB

Dollar_Girl
2004-09-23, 23:24
i think i'd listen to nick cave - into my arms.

that song always makes me cry. its definantly on the soundtrack of my life.

we should compile a soundtrack of our lives! cool.

nicobie
2004-09-24, 01:33
ten years after...I'll just leave it up to U

nanook
2004-09-24, 12:48
Here's the updated link raar

Firstly, I want to say thanks for updating that link for me!
I am listening to the song as I type. It is very soothing. Although stagnate in beats and rhythm, it still reflects a mood. It reminded me of flight. Maybe because there was this nature movie on showing the migration of many types of birds and the filming was phenominal. Beautiful. And they played music like that. Watching the birds, was like watching freedom. It is so hard to believe that the seemingly, gentle flapping of their wings, keeps them afloat and in flight. So I guess the music represented freedom to me.
Thanks again.

nanook
2004-09-25, 11:15
ten years after...I'll just leave it up to U

That's a kick ass song, btw.

I'll have to download Dollar's and check it out.

eclectica
2004-09-29, 03:14
Here are the songs you all said would be the last song you would want to hear or think of before dying:

Beejus Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb.mp3)
Criminal_Sniper Rammstein - Shtil (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/Rammstein - Shtil.mp3)
Dollar_Girl Ray Stevens - Misty (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/Ray Stevens - Misty.mp3)
eclectica boards of canada - corsair (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/boards of canada - geogaddi - corsair.mp3)
nicobie Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World.mp3)
Pandemonium Etta James - Take it to the Limit (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/Etta James - Take it to the Limit (live).mp3)
raar Rush - A Farewell to Kings (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/Rush - 01 - A Farewell to Kings.mp3)
slx Ray Stevens - Misty (http://www.p2pjihad.org/eclectica/Ray Stevens - Misty.mp3)

Some of you chose songs which made you happy and others chose songs to make you sad. I chose a song to embolden me. Some of you may have chosen your favorite songs. I wouldn't want to listen to a song that makes me happy before dying, because I imagine any death as something like a death sentence in which my life is cut short. Perhaps if I was older and had lived a full life then I would be willing to listen to a happy song if I were going to die. Most of the music I listen to is not happy sounding. The Ray Stevens song was my least favorite out of the lot presented here, and it sounded like country music which I don't like.

And now here are the comments on the music in general. That song by Ten Years After is an old song that I haven't heard in a while. My oldest sister is ten years older than me and I used to hear a lot of those songs in the 70s growing up. It's similar to Jethro Tull in style. For Etta James I realized the song was a cover version once I downloaded it. That was the hardest of the songs on the list to find by way of the p2p networks and it took me about three days to find. My wife has one Etta James CD. Second hardest to find was the song by Rammstein. I like their sound and they remind me of type o negative. The song by Nick Cave seems like it would be better if it was sung by someone else, or perhaps the music doesn't keep pace well with the lyrics, like there are too many lyrics. The singer reminds me of Iggy Pop. Finally, Rush is a band like Led Zeppelin that I used to like, but I got rid of all my CDs of theirs because I grew tired of their music.

Pandemonium
2004-09-29, 04:43
if i had known you were looking for it, i could have sent it to you...would have been a lot faster. it took me a long time to get the etta james songs i have.

its not my favorite song, just something i listen to when i am in a bluesy mood...

nanook
2004-09-29, 12:10
That was cool, hearing how you felt about the songs we listed.
I would be interested in your feelings about the "Yes" song. It is of the same era, but a slightly different genre. It is my more fav of the two. And this one makes me happy. I like songs that can take me from a soft place to a heavier one, all in the one song.
In any event, I am not scared of death. "Although, I'd hate to think of dying in some horrendous way. Then the "way of death", would take away any time I would get, to determine what my actual last feelings or thoughts would be. Like if I were to die in a horrific car accident, I'm sure that my last thoughts would be "Holy Shit, I'm going to fucking die!". Instead of lying peacefully on my own bed, dying from some illness or old-age, awaiting the visits of all of my loved ones. Being able to tell them what I want to leave them with on their hearts, before I went.

I, too, listened to the Nick Cave song. I agree about the dude's voice. But his words did convey a deep love and respect for his lady.
I still have to get the rammstein and etta song. We can't all dl that many songs in 5 minutes. lol.

slx
2004-09-29, 15:11
music typifies generations....

the WWW has broken down the generational barriors

Pandemonium
2004-09-29, 18:12
actually, my taste in music has always been strange. i have always listened to anything except country. p2p hasnt changed that any, i still refuse to listen to country except at the bar.

p2p has just expanded the groups i listen to.

music typifies generations....

the WWW has broken down the generational barriors

eclectica
2004-09-30, 01:29
I would be interested in your feelings about the "Yes" song. It is of the same era, but a slightly different genre. It is my more fav of the two. And this one makes me happy.

I put in the CD of Yes - Close to the Edge and I am now listening to the song And You and I. That song isn't my favorite of Yes. I like the song Awaken from the album Going for the One better, for example. I think Rick Wakeman is a great keyboardist and I like his usage of the pipe organ in their songs.

I have one of his albums The six wives of Henry VIII. I have some other groups besides Yes from that era in the late 1960s and early 1970s. They are Pink Floyd, Genesis, Black Sabbath, and King Crimson. Genesis, Yes, and King Crimson have a lot in common with each other musically. The one I like the most is King Crimson. Their playing is the best to me and they are a combination of rock, jazz and classical. They have a great sense of timing. I said before that I used to like Led Zeppelin but then got sick of them. Part of the reason was that after hearing Black Sabbath, I found that Led Zeppelin was like a shitty whiny version of Black Sabbath, so I could never appreciate Led Zeppelin after that.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-10-06, 10:10
WOW
ur resourcefullness amazes even me
i think i have quite good patience
but damn dude
u may have a better quality on it that i have
I have all rammstein (including the long awaited new CD - Reise Reise) and that song is very different
for starters it is in ruskitongue
a cover of the russian band i love so much
they are old school
a little bit of metallica and pantera feeling but not as heavy
but much more melodic and meaningful
im going to have to dl these soon

i do not listen to nick cave
he is a drugged out idiot with a wierd twisted view of musik
bob dylan is a musikal genius but i do not get into him
i have respect for some musik but some just does not deserve so much
ill give em credit on trying though

some people make the band bad because they cannot do anything but sing bad
john saffron for example

tim
2004-10-07, 20:22
I couldn't get into Misy either...surely slx you must've been joking when saying that this is what you wanted to hear right before dying?
I am however a big fan of "Mississippi Squirrel" by the same artist. ;)

Criminal_Sniper
2004-10-09, 15:48
when i really think i wonder why people hing on the the last seconds
last moments of this life but there is always another
otherwise u would not think that death was so bad and u would be above it and not coming back

just a thought as always