View Full Version : my e-mail sent to gazdet

eclectica
2003-10-26, 03:12
Date: 2003-10-21 @13:42 GMT
To: gazdet
Subject: status of username "eclectica"

You think I'm your nemesis, or perhaps you think of me as an annoyance. Or is it pity which you have towards me and my pathetic self?

Some people think I carry a long term animosity towards you but that is not so much due to who you are but to what role you play. It is not so much you personally that I have the continued animosity towards, but instead your role as domain owner of your forum, and the gatekeeper largely responsible as to my status on your forum.

About a month after having hijacked your domain, I no longer felt animosity towards you. That's why I gave it back to you. It wasn't because I feared a lawsuit or because I feared you would ban my user account "brute_force". Hijacking your domain was therapeutic for me and helped me deal with the anger I had towards you.

A lot of the anger towards you comes about from the way you treat people. You have a lot of character flaws like president George Bush. You need to be more diplomatic and stop treating people in a condescending way. My war was not against the Napsterites but against you.

Regardless, I find that I am still drawn to your forum. That speaks to the power of the people despite what I consider to be a rude owner. Do you believe that in the process of creating a forum, that you've created something even bigger than yourself? I do. I believe that it doesn't matter whether I like you or not. What matters is that I can appreciate the other folks there.

What you ought to do, as the gatekeeper, is unban my username "eclectica" so that I can post there again. If you are wondering what kind of style I would have, it would be something along the lines of how I was as "brute_force". Did I make a positive contribution to your board then?

Let's look into the chain of events that caused you to ban "brute_force". First I changed my profile so that my signature contained a link to place me on everyone's ignore list. So people clicking on my signature (or was it the home page?) would then be prompted to place "brute_force" on their ignore list. Not long afterwards, my signature was disabled and I was locked out of modifying it in my preferences. That was to me an overreaction, and it pissed me off to the point of me starting a thread titled "Should I shut down p2p-zone.com?" in my own forum:
http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39
That then caused you to ban me. I think you missed the humor of the whole thing, and reacted instead with fear. What for me works as therapeutic anger release and humor, is perceived by you to be threatening. Yet me posting that thread didn't make it any more plausible that I would have actually shut down your forum. If anything you should have been relieved that I was talking. Just think of hostage standoffs with the police. When the guy isn't talking to them, is when they start worrying.

Too often you have reacted with fear and a heavy handed administrative reaction, when you could have relaxed and appreciated the humor of the moment. That is your loss.

Long term banning just fosters long term animosity. It would be better for all of us for you to let me back in.

Thanks.

-eclectica

nicobie
2003-10-27, 00:25
Originally posted by eclectica
Date: 2003-10-21 @13:42 GMT
To: gazdet
Subject: status of username "eclectica"

You think I'm your nemesis, or perhaps you think of me as an annoyance. Or is it pity which you have towards me and my pathetic self?

Some people think I carry a long term animosity towards you but that is not so much due to who you are but to what role you play. It is not so much you personally that I have the continued animosity towards, but instead your role as domain owner of your forum, and the gatekeeper largely responsible as to my status on your forum.

About a month after having hijacked your domain, I no longer felt animosity towards you. That's why I gave it back to you. It wasn't because I feared a lawsuit or because I feared you would ban my user account "brute_force". Hijacking your domain was therapeutic for me and helped me deal with the anger I had towards you.

A lot of the anger towards you comes about from the way you treat people. You have a lot of character flaws like president George Bush. You need to be more diplomatic and stop treating people in a condescending way. My war was not against the Napsterites but against you.

Regardless, I find that I am still drawn to your forum. That speaks to the power of the people despite what I consider to be a rude owner. Do you believe that in the process of creating a forum, that you've created something even bigger than yourself? I do. I believe that it doesn't matter whether I like you or not. What matters is that I can appreciate the other folks there.

What you ought to do, as the gatekeeper, is unban my username "eclectica" so that I can post there again. If you are wondering what kind of style I would have, it would be something along the lines of how I was as "brute_force". Did I make a positive contribution to your board then?

Let's look into the chain of events that caused you to ban "brute_force". First I changed my profile so that my signature contained a link to place me on everyone's ignore list. So people clicking on my signature (or was it the home page?) would then be prompted to place "brute_force" on their ignore list. Not long afterwards, my signature was disabled and I was locked out of modifying it in my preferences. That was to me an overreaction, and it pissed me off to the point of me starting a thread titled "Should I shut down p2p-zone.com?" in my own forum:
http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39
That then caused you to ban me. I think you missed the humor of the whole thing, and reacted instead with fear. What for me works as therapeutic anger release and humor, is perceived by you to be threatening. Yet me posting that thread didn't make it any more plausible that I would have actually shut down your forum. If anything you should have been relieved that I was talking. Just think of hostage standoffs with the police. When the guy isn't talking to them, is when they start worrying.

Too often you have reacted with fear and a heavy handed administrative reaction, when you could have relaxed and appreciated the humor of the moment. That is your loss.

Long term banning just fosters long term animosity. It would be better for all of us for you to let me back in.

Thanks.

-eclectica

Shehes........

another waste of bandwidth......

u're still a dillweed. A thief too.

Sometimes, like now, I think of the CUNT word too.

too,
too~
2 bitches in one.

abstract
2003-10-27, 01:44
Originally posted by eclectica
Long term banning just fosters long term animosity. It would be better for all of us for you to let me back in. You Can't Reason With The Unreasonable

BuT gOd BleSs you foR youR efforTs

Unregistered
2003-10-27, 01:53
Originally posted by abstract
BuT gOd BleSs you foR youR efforTs
:)

eclectica
2003-10-27, 09:20
Originally posted by nicobie
another waste of bandwidth
http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/search.php?s=&action=finduser&userid=10

napho
2003-10-28, 14:21
At the risk of incurring Dawn's wrath I've never been in favour of banning.