View Full Version : our role in forums

eclectica
2003-12-03, 11:38
People come and go in these forums. At times you'll see a person posting and then for months at a time you may wonder what happened. I often think the worst and wonder if the person is dead. Some people just move on to other things and give up on forums, or have other things going on in their lives.

When I neglect to mention that I am glad to see people join as members or come back after a long absence, it is not because I don't give a shit, but because I don't want to make an issue out of them and make them uncomfortable. I try to avoid making issues out of the people here and instead just focus on the ideas that the people bring. I don't want people to feel bound to this place. Instead they ought to be able to come and go as they please. That gives the place a professional feel, but it also could give it a cold, unwelcoming feel too.

Do you feel at home here in this whorehouse of a forum?

We often elicit a reaction in forums from our posts and from our presence, but unless there is acknowledgment, it could feel like we're talking to ourselves. Such is the nature of forums. Unless people respond you wonder if they got anything out of your post.

The forum is bigger than each one of us individually, but none the less, we all have an important role in them, even when no one acknowledges it.

:rolleyes:

Dollar_Girl
2003-12-03, 23:45
i feel at home here... i feel comfy enough to come and go, i havn't been posting much recently, but i still made a silent apperence and checked out what was going on.

To me, this forum is like that friend u have, u know, the one that doesn't get offended if u dont respond to their sms, the one that doesn't get angry if u dont call when u say u would... the one that just doesn't see it as a drama, but just gets on with laughing, making more plans and good ole convo. Its a bit like observed family relationships...having a big fight one second, and the next acting like nothing happened. It's a particular understanding & comfort.

Sometimes when people first join forums, it can be a bit akward. It is like being the adopted child into a fully established familyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .

we are allllllllll brothers & sisters. let us hold hands in peace :eatout:

eclectica
2003-12-04, 07:04
Originally posted by Dollar_Girl
the one that doesn't get offended if u dont respond to their sms
What is "sms"?

Dollar_Girl
2003-12-04, 10:37
oh dude, i dont know what u american's call those short text messages u can send from ur cell phone? :beer: i call them "DC" - Debt Creators :beer:

eclectica
2003-12-05, 02:22
Those text messages are cool, because they get a message across quickly, and without bothering the other party. I just got the availability of them on my latest cell phone, but I don't use it. I forgot it was even there as an option. Those messages ought to work when the network is busy, such as it tends to be during emergency situations. They don't use much bandwidth to send.

So in answer to your question, what is the name of those cell phone messages?

I just checked my cell phone and they are called SMS. I just thought of them as "text messages".

I pay $.02 for every one I send.

nicobie
2003-12-05, 03:05
i feel at home here... let us hold hands in peace :eatout:

yuck.

I bet 'lurkie's hand feels like a penis :bluefish:

eclectica
2003-12-05, 04:05
Originally posted by nicobie
I bet 'lurkie's hand feels like a penis
lol, I'll shake to that
:jerkoff:

mekajinn
2003-12-05, 11:38
i feel at home here... i feel comfy enough to come and go, i havn't been posting much recently, but i still made a silent apperence and checked out what was going on.

To me, this forum is like that friend u have, u know, the one that doesn't get offended if u dont respond to their sms, the one that doesn't get angry if u dont call when u say u would... the one that just doesn't see it as a drama, but just gets on with laughing, making more plans and good ole convo. Its a bit like observed family relationships...having a big fight one second, and the next acting like nothing happened. It's a particular understanding & comfort.

Sometimes when people first join forums, it can be a bit akward. It is like being the adopted child into a fully established familyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .

we are allllllllll brothers & sisters. let us hold hands in peace :eatout:

u mean like a fairweather friend? like a friend who u don't actually have to bother with if u don't want to?

Dollar_Girl
2003-12-07, 23:53
Originally posted by mek
u mean like a fairweather friend? like a friend who u don't actually have to bother with if u don't want to?

sweetness, not responding to ur numerous and very plentiful text messages for about 6 hours, doesn't constitute as me ignoring u. I think u need to relax and not make me feel like it is a crime to take a piss before i reply, just incase the 2 minute interval of silence drives a dagger in ur heart. I mean really, there was no need to take ur sarcasm public. I see enough of it in private.

mekajinn
2003-12-08, 01:37
sorry :sad:

Dollar_Girl
2004-04-21, 12:06
I pay $.02 for every one I send.

you arsehole spoiled american! .02 cents per sms? i pay ONE DOLLAR for every FOUR sms i send. :director: :madflame: :fright: :drunk: :jihad:

Criminal_Sniper
2004-04-22, 17:33
we have been paying too much for a long time now
u americans have it easier there
ive heard it is cheaper than landline

Criminal_Sniper
2004-04-23, 09:19
if u were really sick of it u would try to change them for the better instead of simply denying that america does anything wrong
the proof is even in what they say not even what they do
and when we get to that its an even nastier situation