View Full Version : book of poems, I

tim
2004-04-27, 02:30
Fire. Fire swirling through her eyes, dancing like a slithering snake, silver silky cold, trailing ash wherever it goes, ice in its eyes belying the fire in its tongue. Scales gleaming like jewels in twilight, faery light, the times between are stuck between it's teeth like lint in a pocket, lint like faery dust, that's where they get it. Sloughed off dried skin, bits of hair and dust and faery cloth all dried and mixed until it forms lint in their pockets, and they sprinkle it over everything, and then you can fly, it's like you're on Prozac, only you can really see the world, see it down to the bone, see the tendons that interconnect our lives, our skins, we're all connected by the times between, the faery lights that keep the world turning, revolving.

Dollar_Girl
2004-04-29, 13:05
this isn't a poem, but a song i wrote when playing my guitar a while ago. I remember i wrote it when i was feeling down. Its jsut something i made-up along the way when i was half phased out in tears and half phased out in general. Emotions eh. Who needs em :p

Here are some words from my Dollar_Tune :

No use in knowing that your heart is breaking
No use in crying over something you can change
Well sweet mama, your words are viscious, because it's not just any heart breaking...
it's me, this time it's me.

I know he treats me bad and i know i should deserve better
but what if this is it for me
the excruciating feeling of myself being lonely
Why am i so scared that i will never find another..
to share my loneliness with, to share my beauty with?
Who is this power that leads our paths sweet mama? Directs our lives but fails to edit our pain and silence our cries?

Sweet mama your words are viscious, because it's not just any soul dying...
It's me...this time it's me.

Do not sum me up and dismiss my heart
because it's me...this time it's me.

anyway, it's about how we tend to categorise the emotional pains a person feels... as though everyones pain is the same... like when someone is going through a break-up, because we see it on tv and in movies and everyone goes through it, we tend to 'sum it up' and dismiss the pain of others, instead of knowing that each tear a person cries is because their pain is excruciating within their mind and body, and it HURTS, and it isnt' just 'standard'. It's individual.

eclectica
2004-04-29, 16:50
we tend to categorise the emotional pains a person feels... as though everyones pain is the same... like when someone is going through a break-up, because we see it on tv and in movies and everyone goes through it, we tend to 'sum it up' and dismiss the pain of others, instead of knowing that each tear a person cries is because their pain is excruciating within their mind and body, and it HURTS, and it isnt' just 'standard'. It's individual.
I wish people had the capacity to appreciate the suffering that millions go through, but in fact the tendency is to become numb to it because we are not gods and not omnipresent. It's better if your suffering or death is documented and makes you a celebrity rather than being one out of thousands who anonymously die in a blur of mass death.

eclectica
2004-04-29, 17:10
The definition of poetry is pretty relaxed nowadays.

This (http://www.accendi.net/expressions/soc/soc20020621.phtml) poem that Harby-tim quoted in the first post reminds me a bit of Starclimber's "Flight of the Black Parrot", which you can see here (http://www.tatom.org/documents/starclimber.htm). Starclimber posted under the name ah-pook or McT-Bone on forums in the past.