View Full Version : Mangotrancinator 1

dead_man
2004-06-02, 14:17
http://www.boomerangutan.org/mp3/Mek - Mango 1 (Mix 1).mp3

first one for a while... and last one for a while too...

evil tekno 6.5Mb.

ps. u can all kiss my arse =D

eclectica
2004-06-02, 23:13
In the first 40 seconds you have the random noise part that reminds me a bit of Starclimber - They Can't Let Me Die Here.mp3 (http://www.tatom.org/eclectica/Starclimber - They Can't Let Me Die Here.mp3) and Pink Floyd material from the 1969 soundtrack to More.

A lot of songs start that way, with a beginning that doesn't have much to do with the song later on. It has a way of catching your attention so that you are intently focused when the song starts. I've heard a lot of lame songs with good beginnings that then become lame after the introduction. Your song isn't lame though.

Right now I can't think of an example of a lame song that starts out with an interesting part, but usually it's pop music that does that. Does that mean this is your first pop release?

Perhaps musicians feel that the type of music which is played in the beginning is interesting but not enough to hold one's attention for a typical song length of five minutes, so it is often those interesting pieces which are used at the beginning of songs. I always feel like they use those interesting beginning parts to sucker me into listening to the rest of the lame song.

dead_man
2004-06-03, 00:23
In the first 40 seconds you have the random noise part that reminds me a bit of Starclimber - They Can't Let Me Die Here.mp3 (http://www.tatom.org/eclectica/Starclimber - They Can't Let Me Die Here.mp3) and Pink Floyd material from the 1969 soundtrack to More.

A lot of songs start that way, with a beginning that doesn't have much to do with the song later on. It has a way of catching your attention so that you are intently focused when the song starts. I've heard a lot of lame songs with good beginnings that then become lame after the introduction. Your song isn't lame though.

Right now I can't think of an example of a lame song that starts out with an interesting part, but usually it's pop music that does that. Does that mean this is your first pop release?

Perhaps musicians feel that the type of music which is played in the beginning is interesting but not enough to hold one's attention for a typical song length of five minutes, so it is often those interesting pieces which are used at the beginning of songs. I always feel like they use those interesting beginning parts to sucker me into listening to the rest of the lame song.

heh... the intro stuff comes from a secret place that only Edison Trent knows about =]

i need to tidy up the sounds somewhat... the kick drum and sub bass interfere with each other too much sonically.

nicobie
2004-06-03, 01:21
[QUOTE=tim] i think u got a sexy voice..QUOTE]

hahahahaha tttimmy, would u suck his dick?

dead_man
2004-06-03, 07:16
I hate techno music..so maybe you should take that into consideration...after listening to it..I still hate techno music...sorry mate..it just doesn't do anything for me..i mean techno period..not knocking ya stuff..it just isn't my cup of tea..but yea the opening was okay..can u sing?

let's hear some singing? i think u got a sexy voice..i heard it one time on napsterites when u uploaded a wav file saying 'bollucks' and 'buy my record u bastards' do u really have a record?

i think that's a rather limited viewpoint u have there.

u know where a large number of my mp3s are including ones i sing in, so let's not embarrass ourselves further by continuing this 'chat show' falseness lol... "oh, and i believe u have a new record out this week" etc. hahaha

eclectica
2004-06-10, 18:23
Mek's site is down
http://www.boomerangutan.org/

mekajinn
2004-06-10, 19:47
dat's a fact jack... and it ain't never comin' back... not at that url anywayz... i traded it in for another... dunno if i'm gonna use it or share my tunes... oh oh oh... that reminds me... better update my profile to include 'talentless "tunesmith" who sponges off the state' or something... woohoo.

eclectica
2004-06-10, 20:03
I like your profile
:love:

you sweet thing
:kiss:

Criminal_Sniper
2004-06-10, 20:40
well i know what Tims saying about techno/trance/electronic based music (mostly) its all pretty bad stuff
when i listen to music i like it to made by musicians
not people who are good at fruityloops and such

its not a matter of narrow mindedness its what u like
many people are not open to other types of music
ive sampled many
here are my favourites in many genres and languages and a couple songs to try if ur into anything similar to try it out

Aria (russian)
old school rock (along the lines of acdc but they are not bogans and have a addictive tempo)
best songs -
Bal U Knyazya T'mi
Belij Flag
Kolizei
kreshenie ognem

baron rojo (spanish)
old school rock like aria just more mellow usually
best song - casi me mato (have only a little at the moment and have problems remembering the names lol)
incommunication also (just remembered now)

A Perfect Circle/Tool
Progressive/alternative metal/rock
very beautifull music with one of the best vocalists around
best songz -
The outsider
The Package
Weak And Powerless
Blue

Chimaira (yes like the mythical creature)
not metcore or hardcore metal but very extreme and well done
the drummers legs blur they are moving so fast on the double kicks
best songz - (too many but ill point out a few)
Power Trip
clensation
severed
dead again
army of me
dead inside
down inside

clawfinger (germans but singing in english)
metal very much a smart ass in his lyrics

argh theres too many
other things i like are muse, coal chamber/devildriver, cypress hill, disturbed, deftones, manson, drowning pool, eisbrecher (german as close to techno as i get lol-techno lovers would see this as a fresh breath of air and its got decent lyrics(if ya understand german)), eternal decision (christian band kinda like metallica - see im not all for the devil :p), fear factory, foo fighters, hatebreed, Ill Niņo, killswitch engage, korn, kyuss, lamb of god(not christian BTW), machine head, megaherz, rammstein, schweisser, metallica, pantera, slayer, NIN, nirvana, nothingface, soilwork, poison the well, notorious B.I.G,
Orgy, pearl jam, queens of the stone age, rage against the machine, RHCP,
stahlhammer, sepultura, sevendust.........
just to name a few

i like to experiment
who bout u all?

mekajinn
2004-06-10, 21:38
well i know what Tims saying about techno/trance/electronic based music (mostly) its all pretty bad stuff
when i listen to music i like it to made by musicians
not people who are good at fruityloops and such

a computer is a musical instrument when so instructed... so if it's programmed by a musician then it is music made by a musician.

I spose u have had a go at fruity loops and think anyone could make a decent tune with it if they could be bothered... maybe they could, but that's a long way from running cubase 5.1 and reason 2.5 side by side... so tish and pish to your 'opinion'... cuz it's bollocks mate. If u need evidence as to why it's bollocks i refer u back to the sentence above this paragraph. Good day.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-06-10, 21:52
no i think ur wrong
ill explain
piano scrolls
may be made by a person good at music theory or even just putting notes together and rythm
but they are not playing anything still
putting a few notes and beats into and looping them is not real music
but im not saying u cant like it
its music but not real music
like banging two rocks can be musical or a factory can keep in rythm with itself
we used to have one next foor to us when i was smaller it was a very offbeat sound
ive still got that in my head dammit

mekajinn
2004-06-10, 22:07
no i think ur wrong
ill explain
piano scrolls
may be made by a person good at music theory or even just putting notes together and rythm
but they are not playing anything still
putting a few notes and beats into and looping them is not real music
but im not saying u cant like it
its music but not real music
like banging two rocks can be musical or a factory can keep in rythm with itself
we used to have one next foor to us when i was smaller it was a very offbeat sound
ive still got that in my head dammit

no no, I know you're wrong...

I'll explain...

even though computer music is sequenced the notes that it plays are not necessarily programmed in using a mouse, they can be played using a MIDI keyboard. Once those notes are in the computer the user can elect to put all notes in time if they wish, but they don't have to. Even in the tekno stuff I do there is an awful lot left unquantised simply because it feels more real.

Also I know I have recorded plenty of punk stuff that according to ur criteria you wouldn't like as much as a 'real' band simply because the drums are sequenced... but if I hadn't told u that there is no way on this planet u would ever have known they were sequenced... and that comes down to skill as an engineer and musician...

not that i am either... i am a dole bludger.

mekajinn
2004-06-10, 22:12
btw crim... u have come out with a lot of intelligent stuff in the last few weeks... i don't want u to think i don't respect ur opinion on this matter...

it's just that i am right and you are wrong :p :p :p

eclectica
2004-06-10, 23:07
Classical style music creates a detachment between the composer and the player. The composer is dead and the player is just playing off of the sheet music. Still nowadays you get writers and performers being two different people, though it's usually just in modern classical style music. I find that there is more creativity in writing music than in playing it. But playing it is harder.

In my family my sister can play music from sheet music but does not create her own works. I can not play anything complicated and I can't read sheet music, but I have an ear for music that allows me to create it. Ideally a musician would have the ability to both compose and play music.

I believe that if a person can appreciate music a person can also create music. There's no need for music creation to be in the hands of the few elite. But not as many people appreciate music as its popularity would suggest. For a lot it is a social status symbol or cultural identification that causes people to like music. For example wearing a suit and going to hear Mozart played at a concert. For others it is to avoid the uncomfortable silences between conversation, to avoid thinking of serious things, or to create background noise. I didn't really start liking music until I was a teenager. Before then I would listen to music as a kind of background noise thing or to identify with the culture associated with it. Music means less to me now than it did ten years ago when I played my keyboards every day. I have now developed the writing part of my brain more in the last few years.

Mek, if you want webhosting for your mp3s I can set you up with an ftp account at p2pjihad.org. PM me for the details.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-06-11, 00:10
we are all orthodox when we think something to be true
maybe here its just a matter of us us both being right
to urself u right
to me i am right
and the fact of matter is taste

nicobie
2004-06-11, 00:11
[QUOTE'talentless "tunesmith" who sponges off the state' or something... woohoo.[/QUOTE]

hehe says

nicobie

Criminal_Sniper
2004-06-11, 00:15
and btw i hate punk too
something i hate about repetition
i dont like death but i do like melodic death because its somewhat broken up and not so rigid
punk very repetitive but not like death or techno
see thats all taste
im a krautrocker what can i say :p :p :p