View Full Version : the first time eclectica saw my face

tim
2004-06-12, 23:17

eclectica
2004-06-13, 07:27
Funerals, memorials, and tributes are for the living, not for the dead.

Dollar_Girl
2004-06-13, 14:39
Funerals, memorials, and tributes are for the living, not for the dead.

i find the idea of being put in a coffin when i'm dead, really, really gross. I tell my b/f that when i die, i would like to just be thrown in the ground naked, as is, no box. He says he won't allow it, and that he will have me dug up and have a 'propper christian burial'. He knows i dont believe in god.

I then told him he was full of shit and that he wouldn't have the authority or balls to pull me out of the ground... and he said he's had it done before over in P N G. That creeped me out, because i thought it was very selfserving of him.

The whole issue with having prefference as to how we are disposed of is a way of ppl dealing with death, attempting to make the concept as peaceful as possible by choosing the most appealing way of being laid to rest. In the end though, once your dead, your dead, your body seeps back into the ground anyway, wether it rots or wether the ashes disolve back into the soil.

My father says he doesn't care waht happens to his body... he says "throw me in the water for the sharks for all i care" ... but the idea of my dads body floating in the darkness and unknown shadows of the ocean really creeps me out. When the dead are gone, it is the living that must survive, mourn and live... so i dont think there is anything malisciously selfish in having preffrences for your loved ones burial, memorials or tomb stones etc.
If your lucky enough to be alive, then may the gods bless you and help u to overcome tragedy and pain and welcome and appreciate joys and 'miracles' - but dont let it get to your head, and never think u have the RIGHT to defy the wishes of the dead, but rather a choice.

Dollar_Girl
2004-06-13, 15:37
:O)

eclectica
2004-06-13, 15:48
i would like to just be thrown in the ground naked, as is, no box.
How about being put in a sheet like the Muslims do? The body has sanctity to me and just piling dirt on top of it is wrong. Speaking of which, I try not to run over dead animals on the road even though it serves no practical purpose. What are your thoughts on people who have sex with dead bodies?

I then told him he was full of shit and that he wouldn't have the authority or balls to pull me out of the ground... and he said he's had it done before over in P N G. That creeped me out, because i thought it was very selfserving of him.
What is "P N G"?

Dollar_Girl
2004-06-13, 16:00
i dont want any sheet, i just want the soil. Some ppl want to be reduced to ashes... i find the thought brutal... because when the body is burning it is jerked forward and "sits up" due to the extreme heat. I dont want no dead body of someone i love doing any movements like that when they are dead, it is freaky.

To me, peace when i'm gone is just being naked in the soil.

I wouldn't run over dead animals on the road either... i once saw a half squashed fluro green parrot on the highway, with one of its wings still flapping... i felt horrible because i imagined it being terrified... what a sickening death.

I don't think having a fuck with a dead body is mmm'kay. I mean if you like the thought, then hey, dream about it, fantasise about it... u know, all good... but dont screw a corpse. I appreciate the relevence and emotional attachment to a corpse... if you love the person, they will never be a 'corpse' to you.

PNG is Papua New Guinea