View Full Version : Deleting own Posts

tim
2004-08-06, 22:01
why shouldn't I be allowed to do this If I want to..let's here some debate on this particuliarly from slx who seems to love my posts so damn much that he can't get enuff of them.

is there a particuliar reason you don't want me doing this?
or is this just some arbitrary judgement you concocted to enforce?

E, you got a problem with me doing this?

eclectica
2004-08-07, 01:04
If you're going to make a ton of posts and then delete them then that means you just spammed the forum. If you delete them before anyone sees them then it's okay as far as I'm concerned. I allow members to delete their posts because sometimes it happens, that you feel like deleting a post or have second thoughts. I've had that happen within minutes after posting. But if you delete a post after it's been in the forum for a while and many people have read it, well that's just plain wrong.

The reason I wouldn't put a stop to post deleting is that you can still edit it out to be "..", so then a post like that might as well be deleted. Another option would be to put a time limit on editing of posts, but I often edit old posts if I see a spelling mistake or if I want to update information in it. So that option is not good either.

You ask in reference to the deleting of your own posts: "why shouldn't I be allowed to do this if I want to?" You are given freedom here but don't forget that the staff here too has freedom, so all is fair in love and in war.

slx
2004-08-07, 01:46
You ask in reference to the deleting of your own posts: "why shouldn't I be allowed to do this if I want to?" You are given freedom here but don't forget that the staff here too has freedom, so all is fair in love and in war.the crux of what's posted shouldn't be changed or deleted...

rupert does it for attention, not to edit grammar or spelling

i'm, me...slx..has the prob tubby, either don't post here, which would suit us all just great or post it, then leave it the hell alone...

tim
2004-08-07, 03:45
just wanted you both to know that i've read what you've said here and will do my best to respect and observe the wishes of the administration here.

Dollar_Girl
2004-08-07, 15:41
I often edit old posts if I see a spelling mistake

is that a confession you sexy bitch? :eatout:

eclectica
2004-08-07, 15:54
that's no confession, but instead an acknowledgment that the forum software has glitches sometimes

"acknowledgment" has two Es and not three, right?
:eatout:
:eatout:

Criminal_Sniper
2004-08-08, 14:45
i dont even hit backspace a lot of the time when i make a spelling mistake
im so very lazy at times........