View Full Version : the next morning

Dollar_Girl
2004-08-26, 01:31
yesterday night when i finished work, i went to the train station to wait for the train. I could see the headlights of my train coming and then i see this drunk dark woman jump off the platform on the other side and start walking across the tracks towards the platform i was on. As the train got close enough for me to see the driver, and the women standing in the middle of the track, i felt like my heart was going to jump out of my body and my knees were going to buckle. The woman seemed completely unaware, in her drunken state, of the danger she was in despite the train blowing its horn really loudly. As she threw one leg up on the platform and pulled her body up, the train just TOUCHED the end of her shoe. She came seconds away from being splattered by a train.

When she stood up on the platform, her biggest concern was that the gaurds wouldn't let her on the train.

It occured to me... that this young woman will wake up tomorrow, hung over, completely unaware that she came seconds from a horrific and violent death. She will get on with her life, probably getting drunk again as soon as she wakes up, just sorta... getting by in life, without any real state of consciousness.

She doesn't know how close she came to being killed. But i do. I know a secret of hers, that even she is unaware of.

It made me wonder how many of these 'secrets' other people know aobut me, without me actually knowing them myself. Sometimes people observe things about us that we completely miss.

I was once on a train that hit a young girl of 16 or 17. When i looked out the window i saw her mangled body directly beneath the window. That happened when i was in highschool. When a 'counsellor' came to 'help' those people who witnessed the young girls death, i put on a ' i don't care, it's just life' attitude. Reality is, i did care and i still do. When i closed my eyes after the incident, images of her mangled body flashed in my mind.

My father once killed someone by running them over.
Drunk man in middle of the road urinating. My father crushed his legs with his vehicle. He rushed him into the hospital, but he died in his harms.

My boyfriend has also killed someone by running them over. A woman had escaped from a mental hospital, and she had taken off her shoes near a expressway, and crawled out from behind a large pole into the middle of the road. He hit her with his car and she went flying up in the air. They only found her shoes neatly placed near the large pole.

People give life, take life, misuse life, and sometimes we even forget we're living. I believe that we have one life, one chance... and 'just getting by' in life is not good enough. Wakign up each day to a robotic life style is not good enough. Having a poor sequence of priorities is not good enough. I see people destroy themselves and those who love them, because of this life style. I see myself falling into such a life style. And i am conscious of it. But i can't stop it.

slx
2004-08-26, 03:39
It occured to me... that this young woman will wake up tomorrow, completely unaware that she came seconds from a horrific and violent death.we all come that close to death day in and day out....consider all the opportunities we have to meet a violent death every day of our lives

and not unlike the girl you mention....we all get on with our lives

tim
2004-08-26, 03:48
yesterday night when i finished work, i went to the train station to wait for the train. I could see the headlights of my train coming and then i see this drunk dark woman jump off the platform on the other side and start walking across the tracks towards the platform i was on. As the train got close enough for me to see the driver, and the women standing in the middle of the track, i felt like my heart was going to jump out of my body and my knees were going to buckle. The woman seemed completely unaware, in her drunken state, of the danger she was in despite the train blowing its horn really loudly. As she threw one leg up on the platform and pulled her body up, the train just TOUCHED the end of her shoe. She came seconds away from being splattered by a train.

When she stood up on the platform, her biggest concern was that the gaurds wouldn't let her on the train.

It occured to me... that this young woman will wake up tomorrow, hung over, completely unaware that she came seconds from a horrific and violent death. She will get on with her life, probably getting drunk again as soon as she wakes up, just sorta... getting by in life, without any real state of consciousness.

She doesn't know how close she came to being killed. But i do. I know a secret of hers, that even she is unaware of.

It made me wonder how many of these 'secrets' other people know aobut me, without me actually knowing them myself. Sometimes people observe things about us that we completely miss.

I was once on a train that hit a young girl of 16 or 17. When i looked out the window i saw her mangled body directly beneath the window. That happened when i was in highschool. When a 'counsellor' came to 'help' those people who witnessed the young girls death, i put on a ' i don't care, it's just life' attitude. Reality is, i did care and i still do. When i closed my eyes after the incident, images of her mangled body flashed in my mind.

My father once killed someone by running them over.
Drunk man in middle of the road urinating. My father crushed his legs with his vehicle. He rushed him into the hospital, but he died in his harms.

My boyfriend has also killed someone by running them over. A woman had escaped from a mental hospital, and she had taken off her shoes near a expressway, and crawled out from behind a large pole into the middle of the road. He hit her with his car and she went flying up in the air. They only found her shoes neatly placed near the large pole.

People give life, take life, misuse life, and sometimes we even forget we're living. I believe that we have one life, one chance... and 'just getting by' in life is not good enough. Wakign up each day to a robotic life style is not good enough. Having a poor sequence of priorities is not good enough. I see people destroy themselves and those who love them, because of this life style. I see myself falling into such a life style. And i am conscious of it. But i can't stop it.

your posts move me in strange and weird ways perhaps...but I'm grateful you have the ability to stir my soul with the things that you write. I don't know any secrets of yours...not in the way you meant here by observation of something someone else was oblivious to...I have only your words to go on...and for the most part that is enough...I do pay attention to you...and you are a hundred times smarter than I am...perhaps you see things in an artistic way..and that is what makes your views special.
I read this here (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drama+queen) it's the definition for drama queen...you and I both fit this description..reading the third definition down specifically the example given

"Who Tommy? That muthafukin azzhole! I'm going to smack the shiat out of him. Do I tell you what he said to me the other day? Well, that little biatch walks up to me and was all like hey and I was all like hey and...etc, etc, etc, etc.

I was reminded of you speaking about me and this description suited you..i fit this definition (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Post+Whore&r=f) for a post whore best..specifically:

making a large amount of useless shitty threads and posts that piss people off. Post whores have a tendancy to be obnoxious, stupid, and innocently yet painfully annoying.

Your style is VERY SIMILIAR to that of maddux (http://maddox.xmission.com/)...it's you're ability to interpret the world around you and relay it back to us in an interesting, satirical and often times sarcastic manner which I really love.

In your writing we see such caring...is the best I can describe it:
caring

your words are often witty, funny..usually intelligent and mostly interesting.

There was one more link I wanted to post which was in a thread from zeropaid called, "Are you lonely?" a poster there by the name of "krell" (real name Bobby) made a beautiful post sharing his feelings which touched me greatly so much so that I replied, "Damn, krell even I wanna fuck you now"

I say that to try to put in perspective for you my irreverant humour. I really liked what krell posted and unfortunately that was the best I could come up with to express my admiration for what was said.

I envy your intelligence and the creative way you use words.

slx
2004-08-26, 04:58
littledik....fuk up one more thread with your obsessing over $....just one more dude...ever again

nicobie
2004-08-29, 02:33
Hi $,

Sad to say I have a worse one...

When I was 14 or so my friend and I were on a 3rd floor balcony watching a parade. A couple of 'hotties' were walking by and we thought we would bomb them with a couple of water balloons.

Well I guess we were a bit late releasing the balloons because they just missed the girls and fell in front of a older women who was walking behind them.

The poor thing collapsed onto the sidewalk. We hit the stairs and got the hell out of there. Read in the paper the next day that she passed away. Thank god nothing was said about the water balloons.

BTW I never did have any luck dating either of those girls. I think they somehow found out.

Dollar_Girl
2004-08-30, 01:31
that's terrible nic. Wonder why nothing was said about the water balloons? Guess it was because of the parade and everything, and she no doubt died a 'natural' death for her age.

tim
2004-08-30, 02:07
Nicobie you are a murderer by [b]your own admission. and that is far worse than anything [color=pink]you have imagined of me.

The Passion
2004-08-31, 00:58
tim, you are a spooky person. this dollar seems to have some kind of hold on your mental state. you seem lost my child. repent your sins and come over to the lord. I didn't hang on that cross for shits and giggles.

and to the original post. slx is correct. everyday we come face to face with death, whether we realize it or not. death is part of life, it completes the circle.

I feel sadness for anybody who would have to witness such a violent death. I myself have seen some things that I would rather not have seen. it is always better to talk about these things openly, instead of keeping them inside, hiding from them.