View Full Version : WTF?

nanook
2004-09-24, 12:37
Okay, I've been scanned about 5 times, just sitting here reading the forum. I backtraced it to those stupid telecommunication giants. These ones based in VA. Funny thing is that they are trying to scan ports... 33445 - 33551. Then the next time, the next consecutive numbered ports. I know there are a lot of ports, but are they trying to get into some of the ones they think are not being protected? I have sygate personal firewall. I've gone to pitstop and am completely stealth.
So the reality is that they aren't getting anything, right?
Do they just pick random ip's or what? Do you think someone is giving them my info? Cause three different companies have done the scanning in the last 15 minutes.

Dollar_Girl
2004-09-24, 14:05
ok, i don't know anything about this :behead:

eclectica
2004-09-25, 01:20
Okay, I've been scanned about 5 times, just sitting here reading the forum. I backtraced it to those stupid telecommunication giants. These ones based in VA.

Maybe what you call a "telecommunications giant" is someone's ISP?

Were you reading a particular thread when it happened?

Post the IP numbers here.

tim
2004-09-25, 02:21
raar, I've had similiar experiences with those very same ports but never took the time to trace them back to the source..i just blocked all access to whatever ip the probes were coming from and now don't worry about it.

With so many new viruses, worms, trojans spreading everyday its probably not that uncommon to get such probes.

slx
2004-09-25, 05:49
aol comes to mind if the ip's point to VA...all aol ip's will resolve to Virginia

it's probably a script kid just playing....it's an everyday occurrence....as long as your firewall's blocking the probes don't sweat it

nanook
2004-09-25, 10:57
Cool. I won't sweat it then. I don't have the ip's anymore, Eclectica. If it happens again, I'll just shoot you a screenshot of the ip's and backtrace.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-10-07, 01:32
well i will say use protowall if u are not
find it on bluetack
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/index.php

but they cannot sue u portscanning
they need to download and verify
thats why i use emule
not a fucking chance in hell they can sit there long enough lmao
partly at least

but it is illegal what they are doing

sometimes after u use a p2p app some connctions hang around
ive noticed that after i started using augnitum outpost (spelling?)
im no expert but only learning someone may be able to help u in one of the forums like slyck.com
they are good