View Full Version : Can any give a reason why govmnt workers get to vote?

nicobie
2004-10-14, 01:00
I honestly can't see one.

slx
2004-10-14, 01:22
a strange question.....while i'm pondering it, tell me why they shouldn't be allowed to....

they pay the same price for fuel as you do, the same federal tax rate as you, the same sales tax if they live in your state....heck they may even have a spouse, a mom or dad that had their job shipped outta the country....they'll be affected by changes in SSI, prescription drug prices, health care costs...they breath the same dirty air..... and must live with the general state of the world according to GW

why shouldn't they be allowed....the question baffles me dude

nanook
2004-10-14, 12:01
I'll have to agree with Slx on this one dude. And yes, tell us why they shouldn't be allowed to.

nicobie
2004-10-15, 00:52
They vote their paycheck every time. The rest of us don't get to write the laws in order to favor OUR family's. We only get to vote on their laws which they've written and have been twisted around to make them seem good.

Fed workers don't pay into SS, and all of them profit on all the taxes and fees slx mentioned.

WHY do u think they should be allowed to vote on matters that are obviously a conflict of interest? It's as simple as taking from me and giving to themselves.

Do you know I have to pay $137 for a permit in order to change my front door? I never voted for this. Traffic fines have been doubled here in order to pay for an ER 66 miles away. Phone bills in CA will be now taxed to help out hospitals... What the fook does my phone have to do with my hospital?

All we get here is threats from our public servants

Let them all go on strike and see how quick we cope with the problem.

slx
2004-10-15, 01:15
They vote their paycheck every time. The rest of us don't get to write the laws in order to favor OUR family's. We only get to vote on their laws which they've written and have been twisted around to make them seem good.

Fed workers don't pay into SS, and all of them profit on all the taxes and fees slx mentioned.

WHY do u think they should be allowed to vote on matters that are obviously a conflict of interest? It's as simple as taking from me and giving to themselves.

Do you know I have to pay $137 for a permit in order to change my front door? I never voted for this. Traffic fines have been doubled here in order to pay for an ER 66 miles away. Phone bills in CA will be now taxed to help out hospitals... What the fook does my phone have to do with my hospital?

All we get here is threats from our public servants

Let them all go on strike and see how quick we cope with the problem.
dude...you're out there man....

you been lock'd in a closet all your life....you ever read a newspaper, watch your local news or maybe catch a few minutes of CNN while visiting your friend Bubba, for a few beers

where in the world do you get this malarky nic...i give you credit for being above average intelligence....

could i be wrong

nicobie
2004-10-15, 01:53
I can see what side of your bread gets the butter.

CNN? hehe that's a bad as Rather.

I get and read too many papers:

LA times
SB New-press
Lompoc Record (local paper, don't count)
SF Chronicle (Sunday only)
WS journal (by mail)

Over the net: Le Monde english version and the Manchester Guardian every fooken day.

I've got the time and the inclination. What's you're excuse for sticking it to the everyday non-gov. workers?

:D

slx
2004-10-15, 02:46
nic you know dude, i'm usually on your side of the fence but i can't buy this one

i suppose the next thing your gonna tell us is if arnold buys another humv he doesn't have to pay sales or luxury tax....

i absolutely do not support big gov...we agree on that but i believe you've got some of your facts wrong about some of the things you mention'd above

nanook
2004-10-15, 12:11
Maybe you need to define "Government Worker".
I used to work for the government, but I never got to deal out any favorable laws to be passed. lol.
Do you mean the actual Governors or Senators? The President? etc.?
Hell, like I even know who makes up the laws in your country. lmao.

nicobie
2004-10-16, 02:12
It's really fooken simple.

If U get a gov paycheck U shouldn't be allowed to vote on tax increases that affect your income.

What the heck is wrong with that?

slx
2004-10-16, 03:43
if U get a gov paycheck U shouldn't be allowed to vote on tax increases that affect your income.
answer me this einstein.....if all the gov workers decided to retire or move to another line of work and there weren't any flunky typists, bus drivers, peeps to clean the buildings, policemen, firemen....etc would that satisfy you?

dude...for most gov workers i'll guarantee you, it's just a job....they do a 8to5, bitch about it when they get home...grumble about the taxes withheld when they get paid....they share the same shit with the 25 year old mom that works at baskin robbins or the college kid slaving over the fries at mcdonalds

i really wish i could understand your obsession with fed employess not having a say in how their county's run but i don't dude....sorry, i'll accept the problem as my failure

oh....& BTW.....why should self employed peeps have a vote?

nicobie
2004-10-18, 01:19
It's not just fed workers, I have a hard on for city, county, school and gov contractors too.

When only 3 out of 10 people bother to vote (a fact) and 5 out of 10 get gov checks (another fact), it doesn't take too much smarts to see which way most votes go.

If politicians aren't allowed to vote when there is a conflict of interest, why should gov workers be allowed? Because they voted it in? PLEASE....

I also don't think lawyers should be allowed to be judges either. If u disagree with this, u B a fooken lawyer and I don't like u either.

[notice the small u]

slx
2004-10-18, 01:35
i still can't get a grip on your philosophy nic

and

some jurisdictions in some states don't require a judge to have a law degree...there are pros and cons to that too...who knows the law better than a well educated, experienced lawyer....

a "non lawyer" judge may not, probably doesn't have the skills necessary to evaluate information on the fly and relies on law clerks to inform them of the law before rendering decisions...but the same could be said for "lawyer" judges as well. most attorneys tend to pick a specialty and stick with it

actually it's moot...rulings are made out of emotion & or personal beliefs or who has the most money to spend on their case

nicobie
2004-10-20, 00:43
I want to rent a 20x20 canopy for thanksgiving day for a family thing at my mother-in-laws backyard.

It would cost $250 not counting set-up which is required by law here ($75)

I don't know, and can't get any answers why it will cost extra.

If I want more than one end wall, which cost $40 ea, I have to buy a FIRE permit that costs $100. Which the city requires the tent co. to enforce

I can buy a cheapo canopy for less than $200 but if I set it up I would be a criminal?

So why does our gov make us be criminals anyway?

slx
2004-10-20, 01:30
So why does our gov make us be criminals anyway?criminalization in our country has develop'd into big biz....law enforcement has a cash incentive to find drugs in your $50k SUV or your $350.000 home

municipalities profit from the regulations they make. or at least on the surface it appears they do....in reality it's another tax to cover the costs of doing business

your last post is a good example of why we moved from CA to MS...here i get away with a lot that you you'd get lock'd up for because there are few people around to bitch about it to the authorities

eclectica
2004-10-20, 04:00
Maybe people who are disenfranchised shouldn't be forced to pay taxes. Immigrants can't vote. Why should they have to pay taxes? No taxation without representation! If you want to take away someone's voting rights then you might as well take away the burdens too.

Ex-felons should be allowed to vote. Denying people the right to vote excludes them from the process and has the effect of making them outsiders. The best government is one of the people, by the people, and for the people, like a people's republic. There are no heroes; people are just doing their jobs.

I think that people who are running for elective office should not vote, and government workers shouldn't be involved in political campaigns. I wouldn't vote on any ballot which had my own name on it. Right now candidates get away with voting for themselves and might get in trouble with public opinion if they didn't. It is widely seen as being a positive example of voter participation when a candidate goes to vote for himself on election day. But I see it as unclassy.

In regards to having high fees, that happens in fucked up places like California which lack the political will to raise taxes, in a half-assed attempt to create revenue for the state. So instead of taxes there are tolls and fees everywhere. But such a system goes against the system of government and becomes individuals with a pay-as-you-go system. And it hurts poor people the most, because ordinarily with taxes rich people pay a larger amount, but with a toll and fee system everybody pays the same amount.

nicobie
2004-10-21, 00:57
Neither of u dillweeds get the point..

Goverment people vote themselves big fat paychecks.

Why do they get to do so? Because thay always have been able to do so.

Why have THEY (fucking bureaucrats) turned The USA into the land of the fee? Greed? (u bet cha)

Are u dillweeds Stupid?

They could care less about taxpayers.

They just want a bigger paycheck that I and all non-gov/welfare workers have to pay for.

Wouldn't it be cool if they all went on strike? they do nothing anyway.

nicobie
2004-10-21, 01:00
and for all u CA haters, pay attention,

u're time will come.

slx
2004-10-21, 01:28
for all u CA hatersi don't hate california at all nic...i miss it so badly i ache...
when i retired in 94 it was a financial decision....we couldn't afford to maintain our lifestyle there

simple economics my friend

nicobie
2004-10-22, 00:23
i don't hate california at all nic...i miss it so badly i ache...
when i retired in 94 it was a financial decision....we couldn't afford to maintain our lifestyle there

simple economics my friend

Google Lompoc, my friend.

It's as left as a peep can get, and kinda afordable.

Don't tell any else tho. 45 minutes away the mean price is 1 mil for 3bed/2ba.

slx
2004-10-22, 01:28
i know where you live nic....been there many times

nicobie
2004-10-23, 02:28
i know where you live nic....been there many times

NO! Not you... was it the Fed Pen? What did you get caught doing? Or were U a airman 1st class. :)

slx
2004-10-23, 05:39
lol...dude i lived in the valley....chatsworth.... just on the other side of the hill from semi

nicobie
2004-10-24, 01:17
lol...dude i lived in the valley....chatsworth.... just on the other side of the hill from semi

A ways away... I'm about a hour west of Santa Barbara

(:)god's country:))

I didn't think U for the convict type.

Can you imange the fun them guys would have with tttimmy?

slx
2004-10-24, 02:30
god's countryyes it is

nicobie
2004-10-25, 01:48
ANYWAY

Those fooken gov workers will still be the death of us all!

I'm calling for a mandatory strike by them all. Let them run the flag up the pole and see who does or does not salute.

I'd gladly wash my hands of 66% of our gov.