View Full Version : Lets turn this into a real ....

nicobie
2005-02-08, 02:00
February is black appreciation month. Plus a couple weeks ago was the MLK (Martin L King) Holiday day off.

Add in the fact that most performers on these sport teams are black, why not move the MLK holiday to the day after 'Super Bowl Sunday' and turn it into a REAL holiday. [as in, can take the next day off].

nicobie
2005-02-09, 04:27
u people have no ballz what so ever.

napho
2005-02-12, 15:14
From what I understand, Martin was quite a performer himself...with the white women.

http://img225.exs.cx/img225/822/blondes1uy.jpg

tim
2005-02-12, 16:50
From what I understand, Martin was quite a performer himself...with the white women.

prove it or stfu.
sorry for being so harsh with you napho..i've heard this unsubstantiated rumour before yet have never seen anything called proof.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-02-12, 21:29
thats some ass

and Tim and nic are still alive?
HTF?

hi anyway

napho
2005-02-12, 21:42
prove it or stfu.
sorry for being so harsh with you napho..i've heard this unsubstantiated rumour before yet have never seen anything called proof.

It must be true...it's all over Google http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=martin+luther+king+infidelity&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Really though, I think you're succumbing to the superstar concept. The celeb becomes bigger than the cause. If the cause he was involved in was just, then it doesn't matter that he was a tad sleazy. If you try to make him into a star, even bigger than the cause, then when he's revealed to be a perv it diminishes whatever he fought for.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-02-12, 22:03
lol
its the way most people go

they love to pedastalize shit
and faith becomes bigger than the morals they teach

eclectica
2005-02-13, 05:53
My feelings on Martin Luther King Junior are that he is revered and held in higher regard than he should be. The sexual infidelities don't bother me, as they don't lower my esteem of president Clinton either.

But regardless of that I don't think of him as an intelligent person so it is hard for me to think of him as a great leader. In regards to his title of "doctor", that was given to him as an honorary degree without him actually going to college. I'm uncomfortable referring to people with the title of "doctor" because it has the feeling of royalty by putting titles in front of the names of people. I also find that it is not used consistently. For example, the dude who flew the first plane into the World Trade Center had a Doctorate degree but they don't refer to him as "Dr. Mohamed Atta". So using titles is just another way of promoting vanity and prestige.

My problem with Martin Luther King Junior was that he was religious. It was his religiousness and non threatening peacefulness that allowed acceptance of him by the majority of White Americans, and the United States now has a Federal holiday for his birthday.

Martin Luther King Junior to me is not an ideal leader of the "Black Community", but instead is a figure who has been propped up by the majority of Americans as a safe and non threatening role model that they can accept as well. White Americans are comfortable with Black leaders only if they are religious figures, sports stars or entertainment figures.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-02-14, 14:36
i think refering to someone as a dr all the time is a bit over the top
it's best just when u are in the field or interacting with them in that some way like that

if u are a leader u have to talk ur religion with the people who want to hear it and bring the common factors together so that noone has a disadvantage or is persecuter for it
u cannot say in front of a country god this god that or anything like it because some people just do not believe

a doctorate without doing it?
shit

tim
2005-02-14, 16:16
It must be true...it's all over Google http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=martin+luther+king+infidelity&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Really though, I think you're succumbing to the superstar concept. The celeb becomes bigger than the cause. If the cause he was involved in was just, then it doesn't matter that he was a tad sleazy. If you try to make him into a star, even bigger than the cause, then when he's revealed to be a perv it diminishes whatever he fought for.

Actually I was hoping for some video evidence via kazaa. I've yet to see any hard evidence like this present its self. Instead all I see is a slander and smear campaign by those who have agendas they want pushed.

tim
2005-02-14, 16:19
all this talk about leadership...people are there to be used and manipulated. You fall into one of two categories in life: Either you are the abuser or the abused. I prefer the former.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-02-15, 15:37
there is no guy in the middle saying she/he will not anyone be abused?

i'll do it

where's ur system now man? lol

argh it's anarchy

our concepts of life are crumbling before our very eyes

hehe

i mean who protects the abuser and stops him from being the abused?

there would be a two person world with one as the butch and one as the bitch

u do not have that level of control do u Tim?

wouldn't it be nice