View Full Version : Selling our home

tim
2005-03-08, 04:24
hi gang. There has been some new development in my neighborhood and a big developer is looking to buy up land. Already plans have been made for a huge shopping center which will include a Target store and some kind of bank.

A lot of my neighbors were approached by the developer looking to buy their houses...most of them are planning on selling. Today they approached my next door neighbor and with an offer.

None of the neighbors will specify what type of offer was made to them. Our house is probably 28 years old and was purchased for $20,000 sometime in the early 1970's.

I speculate our house is now worth at minimum $350,000 given the neighborhood its in and all the development around it. I am of the mind to take an offer in that amount for our house of course this will not be my decision to make but my mom's.

I think that's a good offer...what about you?

I'm thinking we maybe could buy a new house in the country for around $200,000 dollars and use the remaining money to pay off outstanding debts we owe and anything else that might be involved in such a transaction.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-03-08, 05:37
i can't give advice
other than make home ur home

the country is beautiful
i will return one day

i think that would be great for u
do something good if u get the chance

Semiblind
2005-03-08, 10:13
i dunno where you are located, or how many rooms your home has...so i cant say if thats a good offer. Where i am a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home...roughly 1800 sq feet runs about $600,000 up. If you want to, you could prolly ask for more...most people will just take the money and run...but there will always be a few 'holdouts' why not try to get 400k outta the deal instead of 350? Or you might be able to strike some kinda deal with the developer to where you can stay at that home until another is built for you in the community that is planned....i dont know what your options are...so i cant really give much advise...what i can give is to explore all your options and make sure that you are satisfied with the outlook before anything is finalized.

tim
2005-03-08, 13:07
I'm not sure about the square footage but we do have two bathrooms and three bedrooms and I am in NC. I also really appreciate the advice. We haven't spoken with the developer yet but I'm thinking that today may be the day when we do that. I'm scared, excited and nervous all at the same time and worried about being taken advantage of by just not knowing the value of what we have.

eclectica
2005-03-09, 00:35
Usually when a store or anyone with a lot of money wants to buy a whole neighborhood they offer more than market value.

I was thinking of buying a house with my wife last year but they were way too expensive, like $600,000 for some broken shitty ones. I would rather rent for the rest of my life than buy something like that. Maybe several years from now we will do look again when prices are lower, our credit card debt is reduced, and the the government pays for the babysitting of our children with public schools.

nicobie
2005-03-10, 01:07
I would rather rent for the rest of my life than buy something like that. Maybe several years from now we will do look again when prices are lower, our credit card debt is reduced, and the the government pays for the babysitting of our children with public schools.

So, U want the govnmt to take care of everything?

Like mommy?

Criminal_Sniper
2005-03-10, 19:48
the only thing they take care of is fucking our minds and asses to make a buck

capitalism is a pyramid
someone has to hold it up

nicobie
2005-03-11, 01:52
the only thing they take care of is fucking our minds and asses to make a buck

capitalism is a pyramid
someone has to hold it up

pics pls