View Full Version : I've been searching

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-03, 14:29
for an old high school teacher. I have looked up her number and got various matches for her name... i just have this odd feeling that she is dying and my instincts are telling me to call her. She was my modern history teacher and she is the only teacher that really sticks out in my memory. One of the good ones. I hope i can find her, and that her number is one of the many i have found in the phone directory.

tim
2005-04-03, 15:46
for an old high school teacher. I have looked up her number and got various matches for her name... i just have this odd feeling that she is dying and my instincts are telling me to call her. She was my modern history teacher and she is the only teacher that really sticks out in my memory. One of the good ones. I hope i can find her, and that her number is one of the many i have found in the phone directory.

I don't understand your reason for posting this:
a)we can't help you
and
b)nobody cares

The only thing I think you may get out of this is some sympathy for yourself but its a contrived type of sympathy that isn't real contingent upon the ruse of you caring about another person.

^_^_______ that should be the end of this thread but it isn't
there is more to read below ----
|
v

The best you'll get out of this thread is Tom giving you some links for some online reverse telephone number lookups or other such missing person locater services...and slx calling me an asshole for pointing out the obvious and you coming back with your usual nastiness once again directed at me for telling you the truth which obviously you have some issue with and need to call a therapist or support line for.

tim
2005-04-03, 15:48
I'm thinking about renting Casablanca today.

slx
2005-04-03, 16:23
nobody caresnot so $....i for 1 care but wouldn't have a clue how to locate in oz

unless she's retired, i'd try calling the school i thought she taught at...here, i could call the county board of education and find out which school she works at

good luck

Criminal_Sniper
2005-04-03, 18:29
Tim it is no use being an asshole
even if ur right

u have little idea of physchology of people and little idea of ur own
man do some reading on the subject
do a little self reflection and contemplation

the words may sound good but they do nothing

just because u cannot have something noone else can
or even worse when u cannot give something noone else can

get used to people having free will man
nothing u do will ever control people
but that is not the point to life

i think it is great she cares enough
history is a great subject
i am a fan of it
it is a freakin good and often funny story
a story we need people telling and working out when it does not fit

u expect everryone to forgive and forget but have never done the same
not for a second

Criminal_Sniper
2005-04-03, 18:51
the Pope just died (Papa - father - heretic - based apon jesus saying call no man on earth father)

maybe u felt that?
doubt it though

tim
2005-04-03, 19:12
the Pope just died (Papa - father - heretic - based apon jesus saying call no man on earth father)

maybe u felt that?
doubt it though

regarding the pope...yes I did.
regarding the other I have just decided that I don't like her. I love her but I do not like her it's kind of the way a parent may feel towards her child...she disappoints me to much in her actions.

While I detest the actions I still love my child...but it's possible to not like your offspring.

mule
2005-04-03, 19:40
regarding the other....i'm a twisted fuck

tim
2005-04-03, 19:53
kellie?

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-03, 22:26
not so $....i for 1 care but wouldn't have a clue how to locate in oz

unless she's retired, i'd try calling the school i thought she taught at...here, i could call the county board of education and find out which school she works at

good luck

yeah she retired the year i graduated. All my instincts are telling me she is very sick and dying. I remember her saying she was going to go to Italy, but that was ages ago, I can only assume she eventually came back to Australia. I have some numbers i found in the Australian White Pages Online and i hope she is one of them.

tim
2005-04-03, 22:38
what's her name? Where did you go to highschool?

tim
2005-04-03, 22:42
what's her name? Where did you go to highschool?

guess it depends on who does the asking, dude...try asking again as another person and see what happens.

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-04, 08:12
history is a great subject
i am a fan of it
it is a freakin good and often funny story
a story we need people telling and working out when it does not fit

history truely is a great subject. History and Economics were the two greatest subjects i did, and they were closley tied anyway. God, Gold & Glory. The last essay i wrote for my modern history class was on the Chinese Invasion in Tibet. It was an intense topic indeed.
Last historical/political essay i wrote at uni was on Chechen terrorism and the wars with Russia. Learnt alot writing that essay.

eclectica
2005-04-04, 11:23
I wonder if the seasons cause a person to reminisce about old friends. This reminds me of the thread (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176) I started 18 months ago at the onset of Winter and with the shortening of daylight hours. So seeing Dollar_Girl have a similar urgency to seek out an old friend at the beginning of her Australian Winter makes me wonder if the seasons have an affect on people in that manner.

I tend to think of old friends when I drink alcohol. Time passes quickly and you go from knowing a person, to losing contact, to then wondering if the person is even still alive anymore. Once I tried to contact an old friend from college and I looked up a few names in the phone book, but I was not able to contact the person. Some people are just not listed in the phone book. In regards to contacting the old teacher, the place I would start would be by contacting the school, as the teacher's former colleagues should have some kind of information.

It seems like an injustice that people we once knew could just die without us realizing it or feeling it in some way. It is important to seek out old friends to find out their status rather than to just forget about them. I give you my blessings, Dollar_Girl on your quest to seek out your old friend.

Auld Lang Syne - Old Long Ago

Should old acquaintances be forgotten
And never be remembered?
Should old acquaintances be forgotten
and days long ago.

Chorus:
For days long ago, my dear,
For days long ago
We'll drink a cup of kindness yet
For days long ago!

And surely you'll have your pint tankard
And surely I'll have mine.
And we'll drink a cup of kindness yet
For days long ago.

We two have run about the hills
And pulled the daisies fine
But we've wandered many a weary mile
Since the days long ago.

We two have paddled in the stream
From morning sun till dinner-time
But the broad seas have roared between us
Since the days long ago.

And here's my hand, my trusty friend,
And give me your hand too,
And we will take an excellent good-will drink
For the days of long ago.

:cheers:

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-04, 11:53
perhaps the onset of colder months does increase sensitivity and maybe play with our sadder side.

I tend to think of old friends when i am sad. I get worried that other people are sad, and it makes me want to communicate with those people.

Its interesting the way you explained the concept of people we once had in our lives, dying without us knowing, without us feeling it in anyway ... i have never thought of it like that. Usually when you learn of a death, you feel it, as though it has just happened... even though that person might have passed months or years ago.

I hope she is not dead, but i'm pretty sure she is terminally ill. I have a feeling that is why she retired and went to Italy... something about the air... or the weather.

I'm worried about calling the numbers i have collected, because i fear none of them will be her. I know i will keep thinking about it, and worrying about it.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-04-04, 21:38
lack of light may be the trick
or connection with the other
perhaps a mix of the two

do u guys not all feel people die?

maybe she went to Italy to see the Pope before he died?

forget the Pope though honestly
not in a nasty way of course

tim
2005-04-08, 20:04
haha..what did your deleted message say "mule"?