View Full Version : Paranoia will destroyA 'lurkdude...

nicobie
2005-04-26, 03:05
Why can't us phul's insert a small jpeg as a sig.

We can every where else~~~~~~~~

eclectica
2005-04-29, 11:16
Images using the [ img ] tags don't work in signatures and are instead displayed as links. Smilies do not work either.

This was set that way because otherwise to me it would create a type of visual pollution on the forum and be too graphically intense if people could post images in their signatures.

tim
2005-04-29, 11:51
Images using the [ img ] tags don't work in signatures and are instead displayed as links. Smilies do not work either.

This was set that way because otherwise to me it would create a type of visual pollution on the forum and be too graphically intense if people could post images in their signatures.

This is bullshit and why I consider you to be pompous or at least one of the reasons. Firstly it costs you nothing in terms of bandwidth consumption/usage as the images are hosted externally meaning offsite some place else and are just being linked to not actually hosted here using your resources.

This is a personal preference which you could more easily achieve by turning off the option to view signatures in your user control panel and allow others their freedom to choose what they wish to see rather than having you dictate to them what they can and can not see.

tim
2005-04-29, 11:56
I just checked the feature to turn images off is in your user control panel under visible options>view images you can select whether they display as hyperlinks or actual images.

This is something that should be up to the individual to decide for themselves: how they view the forum, not you. If you personally don't like seeing images displayed in sigs then turn them off to affect only your personal experience and allow everyone else to view the board however they choose to and see fit.

tim
2005-04-29, 11:58
If we wanted another 'slyck' we would go there instead. This was the reason he gave originally for why he disabled the feature for everyone instead of just for himself because it would only affect his personal viewing experience and not every one else's.

tim
2005-04-29, 12:00
If we wanted another 'slyck' we would go there instead. This was the reason he gave originally for why he disabled the feature for everyone instead of just for himself because it would only affect his personal viewing experience and not every one else's.

He cited something about how he liked the way it looked there at slyck and that he thought it didn't look as professional if a bunch of image tags were displayed in sigs. Again I say this is personal preferences easily adjusted to suit his own personal viewing experience without the need to dictate his tastes/preferences to others.

slx
2005-04-29, 23:09
ahhhh....i missed this post....now, i see a good reason to keep it turn'd off.....i forgot about shitbreath and his abuses

tim
2005-04-30, 01:28
lol